Sunday, September 7, 2008

About me

My name is Vanessa Zavala and my hometown is Anaheim California, home of the famous Disneyland. I am 17 years old, I graduated from Katella High School and I am now attending Azusa Pacific University. I never heard of this school until one day, my AVID teacher from high school took us on a field trip there to explore the campus. I never imagined myself in a private university. I always considered myself to be of lower-class and so I never thought I would be able to afford a school like this. Fortunately, however, God came through. He has blessed me in ways I never imagined and continues to bless me and my family. I know that this is where God wants me to be and although I may not know my major yet, I am certain that God will reveal that to me as well and I will be whatever he wants me to be.

Although I do live in Anaheim, sadly i don't know much about superheroes. I remember writing some essays about superheroes in my English class but I don't remember too much. When I think of superheroes the first image that comes to mind is the stereotypical buff man in a tight uniform with a cape. In my AVID class I did learn that a superhero can be anyone that makes a difference and changes the life of others.

This summer I watched Ironman and The Dark Knight and I loved both movies. I am excited to take this class because I know that I will learn a lot from it. I have to admit that my writing skills are not so great but I know that Professor Posada will teach me a lot this semester.

God Bless!

No comments: